Does Your Relationship have a Third?
Most of us are accustom to relating as if there is only you and me in relationship, because that is all we perceive via our five senses. This leads to the belief that the full extent of what is going on between you and me is what each of us says or does and hears or sees. But what if there is actually something more going on in every relationship, a relational field that informs everything that goes on between us? This field, which represents a Third presence in the relationship, contains an infinite set of perspectives and possibilities for every situation – ones that most of us are not accustom to seeing.
The truth is that our bodies communicate with and through a relational field via subtle sensations, where the communication is just below our normal level of consciousness. This complex communication informs a lot of the dynamics that occur in relationships – everything from spontaneous attraction or repulsion to trust or mistrust to sensing each others’ emotional state to the creation of behavioral and relational patterns.
Bringing this complex communication to consciousness allows us to start relating in coherent ways. Consciously relating in coherent ways is the holy grail of relating, because
– it allows us to experience the magic and mystery of all of the ways we impact each other;
– it allows us to exponentially magnify what we create together;
– it opens us to the infinite possibilities available in the relational field.
Although we are all capable of creating coherence in our relationships, we have not been taught how to do it consciously and to maintain it for extended periods of time.
We call consciously created and maintained coherence in relationships, Third Consciousness. Because Third Consciousness is a state accessed through subtle sensations in the body, it can be described, as well as accessed, in a number of ways. Some of the relational benefits are that in Third Consciousness:
– the person in front of us becomes our ally to help us navigate our internally built barriers that keep me from experiencing more joy, more laughter, more play, more honesty, and more passion;
– instead of creating boundaries that help us feel safe, but also keep us separate, we consciously sense the person in front of us so that we deep-down know when we are safe;
– coherence magnetizes the right thing into the relationship, such that life happens for us, rather than to us;
– we are consistently invited into the mystery of the unknown and often, this leads us to something vastly different than what either of us thought was possible.
We help people access Third Consciousness in all of their relationships to expand into everything that relationships can offer. We do this by teaching how this level of consciousness transforms relating challenges into magical opportunities. We also offer exercises and practices that help clients and students reliably achieve conscious coherence, and cultivate this ability to do so more and more often as they move through life.
Get support in unlocking everything that your relationships have to offer you by contacting us today.
“Out beyond ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing there is a field. I will meet you there.” – Rumi
We believe that Rumi was talking about the relational field.
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
Third Consciousness allows us to embrace our partners as an ally in finding those barriers.